Does this sound like you? Probably, and about 95% of the other December Level I CFA candidates. The other 5% are people who have their socks arranged neatly by colour in their drawer.
But in investments we learn quickly that returns in the long term perform better and with lower Beta risk than short term investments. So why don’t we apply this to ourselves and study bit by bit over a longer period instead of the last 3 weekends before the Level I CFA exam?
Going into the reasons is a psychology book all by itself but this Time article shows research that states cramming is the least effective method of retaining information.
Instead I’ll focus on some tips I used to get motivated for my Level I CFA exams which I passed on the first attempt.